KILLEEN, Texas (KWTX) – It took many crews quite a few several hours to get a enormous hotel fire less than command Friday night.
It happened at the Hilton Garden Inn, on O.W. Curry, in close proximity to the Killeen Mall.
Hearth officers say they were being known as out to the resort close to 8:30pm.
When they arrived, they say they observed flames coming from the roof of the hotel, out of the fourth floor of the building.
One issue officials say built placing the fire out much more tough was the fact that an automated fireplace suppression method was not doing the job, because of to frozen pipes.
Crews at last obtained the hearth underneath management just soon after midnight.
At the time of the fire, all 102 rooms ended up occupied, but there ended up no important injuries noted.
Officers say, nevertheless, that just one human being was dealt with at the scene for minimal accidents, and two men and women took them selves to a nearby medical center for cure from smoke inhalation.
Appropriate now, several of the occupants from the hearth are at Skyline Baptist Church, and are being assisted by the American Red Cross. If you ended up a displaced occupant of the resort, officials are asking you to phone (254) 501-8864 and depart your identify, home variety, variety of occupants and a good cellular phone quantity or email.
Investigators are however on the lookout for the result in of the fireplace.
Copyright 2021 KWTX. All rights reserved.